Monday, December 30, 2013

New Years: Silver Eyes



I have put together a few looks for New Years. This is the first of them, it's a silvery eye with just a simple black dress.

First with the makeup!





Colour 1: MAC Wedge
Colour 2: MAC Trax
Colour 3: MAC Sorcery
Colour 4: MAC Carbon
Colour 5: Maybelline Silver Strike


So first you start with a nice eye shadow base, I used NARS smudgeproof eye primer with MAC painterly paint pot on top. Then next you want just a super natural crease shade, this is going to help with the blending process, I used MAC wedge eye shadow.

Then I used MAC trax right on top of wedge and just start to make it not look brown.

Next I used MAC sorcery this just going to help with depth so I just put that on the outer half of my lid and just started to blend it up into the crease. You can put this colour ask far as you want into the crease but be careful because it's purple so it may start to look like you have a black eye.

Then I took a little bit of MAC carbon eyeshadow with a dome brush and just put that on the outer V of my eye then again blended that into the dark purple.

I did line my bottom lash line with sorcery just very close to the lashline.

Now comes the fun part! Glitter!! I started with Maybelline colour tattoo in Silver Strike to have a nice base for the glitter. I just put that from lash line to crease. Now having the colour tattoo looks good just by it self but you can add sparkle onto of that. I used some MAC fix+ just onto a flat brush and then dipped that into the pigment to not have as much fall out.

Once you have all of that done you can just add black liner top and bottom water line add some mascara. Add for some extra awesomeness you can add LASH! I have used MAC #3 lashes in the past with this look. Or you can use whatever lashes you want.

For face I used Clinique Iced Lotus Blush, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, MAC skinfinish in Lightscapade for my highlight and for lips MAC high tea lipstick.




Now to the Hair!!

I just kept mine straight because I don't like the way my hair looks when it's curled but you could do whatever you want.

Outfit!




I decided that just a classic black dress would look amazing because you have some much going on for your make-up. The dress I'm wearing just from Maurices and it's a black body-con with some sequins on the shoulders. Then for shoes I'm wearing black pumps.

-Swell Mel :)





1 comment: