Monday, December 30, 2013

New Years: Golden Shimmer



Number two is a super pretty gold eye with a sparkly dress. I actually wore this look to a Gala event that I was working and I got so many complements.

First Makeup!



Colour 1: MAC Wedge
Colour 2: MAC Bronze
Colour 3: MAC Embark
Colour 4: LUSH Dymanic eyeliner
Colour 5: GOSH Gold Glitter

So first you start with a nice eye shadow base, I used NARS smudgeproof eye primer with MAC painterly paint pot on top. Then next you just want a super natural crease shade, this is going to help with the blending process, I used MAC wedge eye shadow.

Then I used MAC bronze right on top of wedge and just started to blend it into the crease and on the outer part of my eye.

Next I used MAC embark with a dome brush and just put that on the outer V of my eye and blended that really well so it added depth. And blended into the bronze colour.

I did line my bottom lash line with bronze just very close to the lashline.

Now comes the fun part! Glitter! I started with LUSH Dynamic eyeliner and I just put it from lash line to crease on my whole lid. Then I used some MAC fix+ just to make sure there is no fall out and stuck that into the glitter, then I patted the glitter onto my eye lid (right on top of the eye liner)

Once you have all of that done you can just add black liner top and bottom water line and add some mascara.

For face I used MAC warmsoul blush, Benefit Bronzer, Mac skinfinish in Lightscape for my highlight and for lips MAC high tea lipstick.



Now Hair!!

I kept my hair straight because I think it looks really good and that's how I had my hair when I did this for the gala. But you can do whatever you want.

Outfit!



I decided that I needed more sparkle and I just love this dress. I'm wearing a black sequin dress from dynamite with a gold belt which just adds to the makeup. Then for shoes I'm wearing black pumps.

-Swell Mel :)

1 comment: