Monday, December 30, 2013

New Years: Classic Red Lip



Last but not least, a classic red lip. This is just perfect for new years and just the holiday season.

Makeup!



Colour 1: MAC Creamy Bisque
Colour 2: MAC Wedge
Lipstick: Clinique Cider Berry
Lip Liner: Clinique Deep Red

So first you want to start with a nice eye shadow base, I used NARS smudgeproof eye primer with MAC painterly paint pot on top. 

Next used a flat brush and from lash line to crease I used MAC creamy bisque. Then placed MAC wedge in the crease for a little bit of definition. You don't want your eye makeup to be too crazy because we're going to be having a red lip. 

Next just black eye liner top and bottom waterline. Some mascara and that's it for the eyes.

Now to the face, I used Clinique Aglow Blush, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, MAC skin finish in Lightscape for my highlight.

Now for LIPS I used Clinique deep red lip liner just because I feel with a red lip you need some definition and a super precise line. Then on top of the lip liner I put my lipstick which is my all time favourite red lipstick Clinique cider berry.

Now Hair!

I did a sock bun, just because I feel that it just looks super cute with the makeup and the outfit. And because I'm obsessed with sock buns.

Outfit!



So this is not the classic little black dress and red lip look. I decided to wear this super cute lace dress from Maurices. I feel this is just a super girl look and I love it!

-Swell Mel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment