Monday, December 9, 2013

Holiday Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Last week I had a Christmas party to go to and I had to bring a snack so I thought that chocolate covered strawberries would be amazing! But holiday chocolate covered strawberries would be even better! So I went out and got all my ingredients.


Ingredients
2 packages of strawberries
Small package of white chocolate
Holiday sprinkles (I got mine from micheals)
Milk chocolate (I used about 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate)


So first things first you have to be super careful with melting chocolate because it can burn/just get really lumpy. I know from first hand experience. I thought that I would be a really good idea to utilize the double burner that we have. If you don't know what that is, it's really just two pots that can sit onto of each other. One has water in it and the other I put the chocolate in so the water was melting the chocolate instead of the burner on the stove. 

I made two different kinds of strawberries because one of the girls is allergic to peanuts and I didn't realize when I bought the sprinkles that they may contain peanuts. So I did one with white chocolate and sprinkles and the other with milk chocolate and white chocolate. 

When you have started dipping your strawberries in the chocolate make sure that you don't have a lot of excess on then because they can start to look lumpy (again I know from experience). Once you have chocolate on your strawberry just place it on a pan with wax paper so when they are dry you can peel then off easily. 


White Chocolate with Holiday Sprinkles


Milk Chocolate with White Chocolate


So for the ones with sprinkles and I had to get someone to dip them in chocolate and then I put the sprinkles on so the chocolate didn't start drying when I went back to put the sprinkles on. 

Once you are all done with making your chocolate covered strawberries you can just place then in to fridge so they with set and dry. 

Make sure if you try making these let me know and send me a picture.

-Swell Mel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment