Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Review: Beauty Blender



I am so excited to do this review, like I said in a previous post I was so apprehensive in spending the money on a beauty blender. I was honestly perfectly fine with using my foundation brushes and I just didn't see the hype about the product itself.

Online the description is:

What it is:
A makeup sponge applicator.
What it does:Beautyblender® is the first ergonomically designed non-disposable sponge applicator that allows you to flawlessly apply your makeup. It's designed to be cleaned with its partner blendercleanser®—making it super eco-friendly. It comes with an instructional pamphlet so you can quickly master your application technique.
When wet, beautyblender doubles in size and becomes even softer, returning to its original size when it air dries. Its package can serve as a pedestal for drying it on your vanity. Not only is the smaller end the best applicator for concealer under the eyes and around the nose, but it's also ideal for achieving dramatic results with your eye shadow. Feel free to use the beautyblender with all types of makeup, including loose powder and mineral cosmetics.
What else you need to know:This non-latex product is hypoallergenic and can last up to three to four months if cared for properly. Beautyblender is an Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner.



So the day I went to use it I had the instructions right beside me the whole time because I didn't want to miss a step and use it wrong which could result in having the wrong impression of the product

The first step is wet your beauty blender. So I ran it under water and made sure to squeeze all the excess water out of it.



Original size

Size when damp























The next step was to then apply your make-up in a pressing motion.


Right after applying foundation and concealer

So this is right after I applied my foundation. I absolutely love how my foundation looks and just how fast and easy it was to apply my foundation. I did also apply my concealer with the beauty blender just was the pointy side of it and it blended my concealer with my foundation amazingly!

After using the beauty blender for about a week now I absolutely love it. I haven't picked up my foundation brush at all. I feel like using the beauty blender you skip a few steps like having to blend out your foundation. As well, I'm using less foundation over all because I'm not putting a huge glob of foundation on my hand.

I would recommend this to everyone. I think anyone who uses liquid foundation and/or concealer should have a beauty blender in their life. 

On a side note, I did go back to Sephora and purchase the solid beauty blender/ brush cleanser to clean it because I wouldn't want to clean it with shampoo like I do for my brushes.

-Swell Mel :)


No comments:

Post a Comment