Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I Know I'm Young

A few weeks ago I went into a health food store and when I walked in the lady working was with someone else. So I just started looking on my own.

I was looking for a deodorant that didn't have any aluminum in it but also didn't have a smell because 1. I'm not allowed to have fragrance at school and 2. aluminum is really bad for you. I did find one that was exactly that. Then I just started looking around because I have just recently cut gluten out of my diet so I was looking for gluten free product. By this point the lady that worked there was done with her customer that was there for a good 2-3 mins. She finally greeted me with a "hi" and just went back to just watching me. 

I was still looking and reading labels just to see whats in things and see which one would be best for me. I continued to look for another few minutes and when she didn't ask me if I needed help or what I was looking for I left because she clearly did not want my business. 

Right after that little experience that I had I posted this to Facebook:
"Its funny how people treat you differently based on how you look. I know I'm young but I may have not just been browsing. Sorry lady you just lost out on a sale and future business."
I just think that if I'm in your store then I'm probably looking for something and I will probably buy if you talk to me enough. I just feel that some people that work in retail just judge right off the bat and will not give you the amazing service that you should get. I'm not going to say that I never judge someone, but I will say that if I start yo judge someone that I will stop myself and just say maybe this person will be just amazing and buy a lot of product. 

Personally I think that everyone should be treated equally. That is such an over used statement but it's true no matter what you look like you may be something totally opposite.

Have you ever treated someone differently based on what they look like?

-Swell Mel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment