Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Last Day of Teaching

Today was my last day with my group. I had them for 10 weeks and what an amazing 10 week it was so many funny moments that happened. Here are just a few.


  • During a break for water two of the girls decided instead of getting water they were going to make snow angels in the gym.
  • In our transition from water and doing another activity some of the girls decided that they were going to keep active and start doing push-ups
  • My group has swimming right before they do gym so they have to change out of their swimsuits. Well one of the girls came up to me and said "Mom forgot my shirt in the the car" she said this with such a sad face and she still had her bathing suit on with tights and cowboy boots.
  • I was talking to one of the mom's and she said that they were talking about their teachers on their drive to gym. Her daughter (who is in my group) said "I love my teacher, but she's kind of a scaredy cat. She made us play fencing with helmets on." Be the way fencing is like sword fighting. 
  • It's super funny how no matter how many times they fall or trip they just get back up and keep playing. 
  • We were doing fencing and one of the girls came up to me and asked if she needed the strap that went between her legs done up even if she wasn't a boy. 
  • The one day we were playing giant soccer and they would reinforce the rules to each other because they didn't want anyone cheating and even when I picked up the ball to get it out of a corner they got made at me because I was using my hands.


These are just a few things that happened during my 10 weeks with them. This is actually what just reinforces why I want to teach elementary children.

Hopefully this put a smile on your face. :)

-Swell Mel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment