Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Customer is ALWAYS Right

So let me just preface with I have worked in retail for a good 4/5 years. So I know that you have to just do what the customer says just to make them happy even if you are pretty sure they are wrong. 

So when I was at Winners today I found a pair of short overalls (which I spent almost all day looking for). So I though AWESOME!!! I'll try them on and if they fit then I may get them if they're cheap. So they were in with all the dresses but there was no red clearance tag on them.I still thought I'll try them on and if they fit I'll see if they fit since we're getting into fall were no one will be wearing shorts.

So I tried them on and they fit really well. So I thought I would ask when I went out of the fitting room to see if they were on sale. The guy said that they do markdowns once a week and they weren't on sale. I was really sceptical so I just decided to walk around with them and decide if it was worth the 15 dollars.

I went up to the front and when I got to the till I asked the girl "Can you check if these are on sale?"

Then she said "They don't have a red tag so they're not on sale."

I then replied with "Sometimes when they do markdowns they miss some." I wasn't trying to be a super hard to deal with customer I just really didn't feel like spending a whole bunch of money on a costume. 

She then said "If it doesn't have a red tag then they are not on sale."

I then asked her again "Can you please check if these are on sale?"

She finally did but she rolled her eyes and took her sweet time with it. She then didn't know how to check a price so she had to ask someone. Which I'm fine with everyone has to learn sometime. When she found out they were only 5 bucks she got the girl to check a couple of times because so looked really dumb now. She came back to the till with a red tag on the shorts and rung them through for me. 

Again I have worked in retail I know how annoying it can be if you have a really needy customer or a customer that thinks that they are the s**t. But like they say the customer is always right and you have to please the customer. 

Have you every had an experience with a sales person who though that they were right and wouldn't even listen to what you had to say?

-Swell Mel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment