Tuesday, October 22, 2013

How I wash my make-up brushes


I usually give my brushes a really good wash every 2 weeks. 

So what I do first is I disinfect and just do a "pre-wash". I spray my brushes with Clinique brush cleanser it's kind almost the same as the MAC brush cleanser. 






I then start washing my brushes, I take whatever shampoo I have on hand (usually a moisturizing shampoo). Right now I have the Herbal Essence Moisturizing shampoo. So I put a dot of shampoo on any face brushes and swirl it around on my hand to get all the product out then I rinse it out with water. All of my eye brushes I do in bundles and I put a dot of shampoo on my hand and then swirl the brushes to get the product out. 






















For my brushes that have white bristles I add a bit of MAC cleanse off oil before I use shampoo to get all the colour out. 




Once I have washed all my brushes I place them on a towel and let them dry flat. It's very important to let your brushes dry either flat or tilted a bit down (bristles going down) so your brushes last a really long time.




Once they are dry they are ready to use again. And they just feel so good to use again.


How do you clean your make up brushes?

-Swell Mel :)


No comments:

Post a Comment