Friday, August 9, 2013

Hiking

Well it was the long weekend last weekend and it was a very fun one. I went hiking with a few of my friends and it was so much fun! Except for falling of my butt multiple times. 

We did just a one night hike which I have never done before.

I picked up my friend at eight in the morning and we headed off to the trail head, where we met up with her boyfriend and his best friend. We divided all the equipment and headed off on our journey. Well since from the beginning I thought that this hike was only going to be an hour and a half long I was super pumped! But by the two hour mark I was so over it.

We had gone up and down rocks and over a few beaver damns and through a lot of mud. Oh and like I said at the beginning I fell on my butt a lot of the way in. I thought that I would be smart and not wear hiking boots (bad idea #1), so when I was walking down very steep rocks I thought I could just walk slowly (bad idea #2). After falling on my butt a few times I thought it would just be best to slide down on my butt which was so much fun!!

Well after 4 stops and 3 and an half hours of hiking we finally made it to our camp spot for the night. Which by the way was beautiful! We were almost full surrounded by water and there were rocks almost every where to climb on to.

Keep in mind that this is my first one night hike so I thought that we could just stay up all night and talk and stuff so when we wake up at 11 the next morning it wasn't the greatest for hiking back. And it didn't help that we slowly packed up and got water that morning too. So we didn't leave the camp until around 1:30/2 so that was really fun to walk back in really hot weather.

This isn't even the best part of the whole thing. When we were walking back I rolled my foot pretty bad on a rock so it was really sore. And the only way out is to walk out. 

So after a very fun filled weekend I am on crutches and I have my foot in a cast!

What is your best long weekend story?

-Swell Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment