Friday, December 6, 2013

Review: Sound of Music Live



Did you watch the Sound of Music Live last night? Well I watched the last half of it and decided that I didn't even want to watch the rest of it. Don't get me wrong Carrie Underwood is amazingly talented. But I feel that the production of it wasn't that great and that they could have put more money into it.

First things first, did you see those sets? The hill was just so fake. I know it's a set and I know it's not going to look like the movie BUT it looked fake it just didn't look good. And why were there trees on a mountain side? The last time I looked trees don't really grow on mountains.

Now, I know I only watched the last half of it and that doesn't give me the full right to review it BUT I didn't want to watch the first half it just wasn't even worth my time. The poor Stephan Moyer (Captain Von Trapp) when he was singing Edelweiss it just wasn't in that great of a key for him. It was to low so when he was trying to put emotion into it just came off as weak and it just seemed at that moment that he couldn't sing (even though he can sing).

I'm going to say it again I know that it's not a remake of the movie and that it is a stage work BUT personally I just thought that some of the sets were fake and I couldn't get over that.

The one thing that I really liked was the transition from the Von Trapp home to the final concert I thought was super cool and I really amazing transition.

I just feel bad giving it such a bad review because when you do a production you put hours and hours of rehearsal and just blood, sweat and tears into it because you want people to like it. Overall, the performing was very well done but again back to the sets it was just really distracting for me. 


What did you think of Sound of Music Live?

-Swell Mel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment