Friday, November 8, 2013

RIP Bun Bun



This one is a long one, if you love animals or pets it is very much worth reading. This is more for myself than anything. But I thought that it my help some of you as well.

About a month ago me and my mom were trying to get one of my cats so we could take her to the vet and she ended up going underneath my brothers bed. And usually if you go into my brothers room my rabbit Bun Bun will jump up onto her house and want attention. 

But when we were in there for a really long time and she didn’t make any noise or jumped up onto her house, I looked into her little house where I saw her just lying there not moving. I called her name a few times but she didn’t move. That is when I knew she was dead. To this day it’s still really hard for me to get over the fact that she’s gone.

We have had her forever! I remember the day when my dad came home and said that he had bought a bunny for 25 cents from a family friends 4 year old boy. Well the first thing about talking to a 4 year old you don’t want to joke around or be sarcastic because they will take you seriously. Well that weekend we went to there house and were debating between 2 rabbits Bun Bun and another rabbit that was moving all around my chest when I was holding it. We decided on Bun Bun because she was so calm and she just loved to snuggle. 

We brought her home and she was just so amazing. Bun Bun was our first “real pet” we had, had fish before but nothing that we had to actually take care of besides giving it food. 

Like I said before Bun Bun loved snuggling, but she also just loved to run and do burn outs. When we had a rug in the living room she would just run from one side to the other and she would do burn outs but turning her back side 90 degrees. It was super cute. 

Now it's a good 10 years later and she is gone. I didn't think that I would be this upset about her being gone. I think the worse part is that we didn't even know anything was wrong and we didn't even think that she would be gone so soon. 

I think the my biggest shock was that I thought that she was invincible and that she would be here forever. She was just one of those things that I think I took for granted. 

So this has been a little longer than I expected, but I'm glad that I got everything out that I needed to.


Have you ever lost a pet? And how did you deal with it?

-Swell Mel :(

No comments:

Post a Comment